Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's Non-Resolution

Well....ok, I know. I haven't written much. So the book is going to short that's all. JK.
I've just been busy and not focused on it and focused on other stuff, and busy.....blah, blah, blah.
So we spent the week between Christmas and New Years in Wilmington, NC with my dad, step-mom, my bro, 3 of my 4 sisters and my brother-in-law. Turns out he's writing a book, too, and could use some accountability as well!
So we decided to help each other and make a plan - not a New Year's resolution. A plan.
We're both going to write something every day and post a new blog at least once a week.
That's the plan.
And now you guys know it, too, and I guess that really puts the clincher on it. Darn. Or, I mean, yeah!!
Well, I thought I'd start with some prose I wrote this summer - seems appropriate.
It's called The Author: (enjoy!)

I think I'm an author
a writer of thoughts
of stories
of imaginations and realities
a thinker who must organize my thoughts
unless they be knocked off their pedestals
by the next ones and forgotten
I'm starting to see that I must become a quick doer
for my thoughts and ideas, if not acted upon quickly
are replaced by new thought and new ideas
and fall to the floor like invalids
and after too long, the floor covered in such
can become quite depressing, even morbid
Life is in a hurry for me
like a busy mom clicking her tongue at her slow moving children
knowing she'll be lucky to get all her errands completed before dinner
she cannot rest
she does not have the luxury of waiting
for her days seem numbered and full
full with amazing adventures yet to be had
but known and designed before she was even born
Yes, I'm an author
an author of life
for an author is a channel
from mind to pen
from pen to paper
from paper to other minds
and from there to countess destinations
and pens
and paper
and minds
springing to action without ever speaking a word

No comments:

Post a Comment