Saturday, January 9, 2010

Quotes, She Wrote

In an effort to be a consistent writer, I read a lot. Plus, I love input.
I'm usually reading about 4 or 5 books at any given time.
Subjects vary - a short biography on Mother Teresa, some sort of self-improvement manual, the Message (a modern translation of the Bible), music, horses, cooking, beauty, history.... I actually think it's a bit of a medical issue.
I call it Hyper-Bookism Overload Syndrome. It happens when one walks into a library or bookstore and the heart rate rises, the adrenaline surges, hands often begin to quiver, and the eyes dart from shelf to shelf in sheer panic of not knowing where to begin.
It's fatal.
No cure.
So since I'm going to die anyway, I figure I might as well just keep reading!
And writing.
I keep a little journal of quotes - little tidbits I've gathered as I munch on the many books on my plate. I jot down the ones that really resonate with me, challenge me, cause me to think or ponder, or in some way add value to my existence.
Sometimes I even make up my own along the way.
I like to wedge those in between famous people's quotes on the page. Makes me feel special.
Anyway, today I'd like to share a few of my recent favorites.
SO grab a fork, knife, spoon, napkin or just use your fingers - enjoy!

"Mishaps are like knives, that either serve us or cut us, as we grasp them by the blade or the handle." - James Russell Lowell

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." - Samuel Beckett

"Whenever you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly, I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it." - Theodore Roosevelt

"Restlessness and discontent are the first necessities of progress" - Thomas Edison

"When your values are clear to you, making decisions becomes easier." - Roy Disney

"If we keep doing what we're doing, we're going to keep getting whet we're getting.
- Stephen R. Covey

"Those things that hurt, instruct." - Benjamin Franklin

"When you've dropped the ball, pick it up." - Stacey Dee


And there you have it - quotes, she wrote.
s
www.staceydee.com


No comments:

Post a Comment